For all of you who are currently planning your wedding, check out these answers from real brides on what they would do differently on their wedding day. There is some sage wisdom here!
And, for a list of 15 important takeaway lessons from my own wedding, click here.
Here they are:
- Pay for professional photography or videography.
- Have a detailed day-of schedule ready to roll!
- Ask for set-up help the day before and morning of the wedding.
- Enjoy the moment. Take it all in.
- Have your planner stay until the bitter end to help clean. Otherwise, friends and family may get stuck doing it.
- Elope and have a fabulous honeymoon instead of a wedding.
- Create a list of “must have” shots for your photographer.
- Hire a day-of wedding coordinator, even for a small wedding, so that you can relax and enjoy your day!
- Take a peek at the reception and ceremony areas an hour or so before the wedding to ensure it all fits your vision.
- Organize a list of tasks to delegate to helpful friends and family.
Last but not least, don’t forget the Wedding Lawyer Golden Rule. Avoid any kind of post-wedding hassle – be sure to have a wedding vendor contract for all of your vendors! I am available to help you review your contracts at a reasonable rate. Click here for more details.
I hope these lessons are helpful for you if you are currently planning a wedding. And, if you are already married, I’d love to hear what YOU would do differently. Let me know in the comments below or send me an email.
Do you want to keep getting helpful wedding planning information? Then, be sure to subscribe. I hate pop-ups so I disabled them for this website. You can subscribe below this post, or over yonder in the sidebar ——->
I have some great new content coming your way just for subscribers including exclusive access to videos, and other planning essentials. Subscribe now and stay in the know!
Smart couples. Brilliant weddings. Meaningful lives.