You are here because of a few reasons:
- You are engaged. Woot woot! You are a bride, groom, or groom/bride non-conforming.
- You are a bit tired of the same ol’ wedding information that gets recycled like air on a plane. How many times can one read up on color schemes anyway?
- You think that the term “bridezilla” (or “groomzilla”) is dated, pretty obnoxious, and doesn’t apply to you anyway.
- You go after what you want in life, and your wedding is no different.
- You are decisive and are looking for tools to support you in your decision making.
Welcome! I am so thrilled to have you here.
This blog is designed to help you with your wedding planning, but not in the “fluffy” kind of way. The information you’ll come across here will help you in nitty gritty, real-life kind of way.
- Want help with your budget?
- Want to know if a prenuptial agreement is right for you?
- Want some tips on how to vet your wedding photographer?
- Want to know what tips real brides have to offer?
Bam! All of that is covered here.
I am here because…
Admitted to the California Bar since 2008, I have a background in business disputes and personal injury. In 2012, I began to explore legal issues related to weddings including vendor negotiation, and contract review. More recently, I came to the realization that the phrase “bridezilla” is dated, pretty obnoxious, and dare I say… misogynistic. Thus, in 2017 I changed the name of the blog to “You Are Not A Bridezilla.” My purpose is to empower brides and grooms in their wedding planning with more real life information, and less fluff.
This is me on what was truly one of the happiest days of my life when I got married under an oak tree in Los Angeles. It was romantic and beautiful!
I have been lucky enough to have been featured in several leading wedding publications including the Budget Savvy Bride, Broke Ass Bride, About.com, The Knot, Slate and The New York Times. You can check all of that out on the Wedding Lawyer Media page, or via the menu button.
Do you want to keep getting helpful wedding planning information? Then, be sure to subscribe. I hate pop-ups so I disabled them (you’re welcome!) for this website. You can subscribe over yonder in the sidebar ——->
I have some great new content coming your way just for subscribers including exclusive access to videos, and other planning essentials. Subscribe now and stay in the know!
The use of any content provided on this site and your provision or submission of any information while using this site will not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Ms. Asselin. Please be aware that any information that you provide by reason of your use of this site is not privileged or confidential.The content of this site is provided solely for informational purposes: it is not intended as and does not constitute legal advice. The information contained herein should not be relied upon or used as a substitute for consultation with legal, accounting, tax, career and/or other professional advice.